[ale] [90dw-lcthw] Pacing

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 07:14:27 EST 2016

Let's talk about pacing in the C learning group. The 90 Day effort is
about you and I seem to have mis or under communicated the pacing.

The 90 Day challenge is to learn more C. Break that sentence down into
it's component parts:

   90 Day  -- This won't last forever. You have a busy life and tough
schedule. We're trying to make some progress and then let you either
rest on your laurels or be poised for the next challenge.

   challenge  -- Except for a dog's love, the good stuff in life is
seldom easy. The challenge is to push to in a direction you want to go,
and to do so with the support and encouragement of others.

   learn  -- We're not slaves to anyone's schedule but out own. If it
takes you a week or three to learn a chapter, take your time and learn
it. Don't try to finish the book unless you're a C programming wizard.
Try to learn the material and take the time to do so.

   C  -- Not the easiest language to learn. However, it's powerful,
clean, and can be simple. Learning C puts you ahead of a lot of other
programmers, if that's what you want. It helps you understand a lot of
the Linux stuff we use on a daily basis, if that's what you want.

Take your time, learn the material. Join us on Tuesday IRC to chat about
how you're doing and what issues we can help with.

Leam