[ale] sound and picture

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Tue Jan 26 17:12:41 EST 2016

I always smile at the thought that "standard" = what America uses, and
"metric" = what the rest of the world uses. As an immigrant raised on the
metric system, I wonder if I'll ever be smart enough to figure out this
"standard" system of measurement.

And you're right, the fact that it's all mixed up helps nobody.

ed

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM, William Bagwell <rb211 at tds.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 January 2016, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > So did the coffee packers. Used to be a 1lb package that turned into a
> > 12oz package at about the same price.
> > We don't use metric now because the auto industry yelled it bankrupt
> > them to convert. Hmm. Didn't we bail out a few? Don't they all use
> > metric now anyway? My "Made in the USA" Saturn Vue has lots of metric
> > bolts.
>
> Absolutely despise working on cars that are mixed! Foreign cars are metric
> and antique Detroit iron is standard, but many modern American cars are
> both
> and require two sets of tools. <muter, muter son of a duck!>
> --
> William

Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250 | Johns Creek, GA 30097
O (770) 446-9606 | M (770) 630-0949

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not