[ale] syslinux problem making bootable usb

Ken Cochran kwc at shell.TheWorld.com
Wed Jan 20 23:38:55 EST 2016

Only thing I've used so far is called "chntpw" & it's kinda
old(ish) now.  Was several months (maybe a year) ago &
I think the target system was XP.  Looked/looks like a
narrowed-down/customized Linux just for clobbering entries
in some kinda "sam" thing.  I'm now sorta confronted with a
7 box for this and am trying to find something safe & free to
do it with, preferably CLI mode.

I can make-up a gparted usb "tool" but so far no luck for
password reset.

Now what would be Pretty Kewl would be some kind of (preferably
Linux-based) tool "set" that has, say, gparted, a password
blaster, maybe a secure eraser (guess that would be DRBL?),
the likes of memtest, and have all that on either a single USB
flashdrive or the different pieces on different ones.  Gparted
seems to work nicely, been trying for a password tool.

-kc