[ale] Backup questions -- what to back up?

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Mon Feb 29 12:31:25 EST 2016

Short answer: Backup everything you can't reinstall from distro disks.
That usually means /home, /usr/local, /etc, /root, parts of /var (log
files - maybe, spool with email - probably, run folder - nope, ), maybe
/opt if you use it.
Long answer is more questions about how you plan to recover from a
disaster and what type of disaster is planned to be recovered from.