[ale] Setting up a PS/4 in a DMZ on home network

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Feb 28 12:45:59 EST 2016

Allowing any external software to control your firewall settings is  - -
er -- I don't have a kind word to use.  Security isn't exactly the
primary goal for gaming companies or companies showing "cat videos."

On 02/28/2016 10:13 AM, James Sumners wrote:
> Just block the control port from being accessible from the external
> network. It's really not that bad. Especially if you use a decent
> implementation like miniupnpd.
>
> On Sunday, February 28, 2016, DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com
> <mailto:djpfulio at jdpfu.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/28/2016 01:02 AM, James Sumners wrote:
>     > I don't know why it would need to be wide open to the Internet. It
>     should be
>     > able to request port forwards on demand through UPnP.
>
>     UPnP should be disabled on any network where there is any concern
>     about security.

> James Sumners
> http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)
> http://jrfom.com/ (personal site)
> http://haplo.bandcamp.com/ (band page)

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
professionals.