[ale] Linux Mint Hacked

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Feb 22 11:14:39 EST 2016

MP3 audio:
 US Patent #: 5,579,430
 US Patent #: 6,185,539
 US Patent #: 6,009,399
 US Patent #: 5,924,060
 US Patent #: 5,703,999

Last one expires Expires: December 30, 2017 - not that much longer to
wait. http://mp3licensing.com/patents/index.html

"Gray areas?" We can disagree about patents and the use of them, but
today, this is the law.

So - only use Opus instead for audio (Opus is "better" than Ogg, AAC,
MP3 at the same bitrate).  But many HW players won't support it, so be
certain to choose that hardware carefully. Native Opus support exists in
Android, but there were/are reported issues, like having to use the .ogg
extension and not being able to read any tags.