[ale] ATT internet black hole. Any advice?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Feb 22 06:57:19 EST 2016

Look for an alternate provider. Won't be cheap, but you can get 1-10Gbps
wireless connections over 20mi ranges with LoS solutions.

There was an Ars article about an island that had bad ISP, so a group of
citizens built their own wifi-ISP with a microwave internet connection
to the mainland as the backbone. 50 homes, their monthly bills are $75
with $150 initial fee.
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/how-a-group-of-neighbors-created-their-own-internet-service/

Oddly, since they did this, the local internet provided decided to
upgrade with fibre, but is asking for every home to pay for "the last
mile" digging.

Never believe any ISP.  The only way that I know to assure a certain
level of service is to force that as a condition of sale for the house
and have the prior owners get the service and YOU verify the performance.

I don't know of any way to make any cable or DSL provider do anything.