[ale] Bacula backup gathering?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Feb 19 13:15:47 EST 2016

On Fri, February 19, 2016 1:05 pm, Alex Carver wrote:

>> It's not the master backend, and it's not running mysql, but it is my
>> main recorder (talking to 2 2-tuner HDHomeRun devices).  It can be
>> recording 4 shows at once and still be playing back on multiple devices
>> without any issues.
>
> Oh I see, the HDHomeRuns are via Ethernet not direct connections.  I was
> thinking you had USB tuners or capture devices dangling off of it.

Correct, it's all network and disk I/O, not USB.  Although I suspect if I
plugged in a Hauppage HD-PVR it would work just fine.  I don't know how
well it would work with multiple USB tuners.

One thing I DID notice is that when I turn on the nfs server (so I could
share the video data to other servers) the pnfsd rocesses spin, even when
there are no clients mounted.  Not sure what's up with that, but the
spinning was causing significant issues due to lost interrupts.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745