[ale] Bacula backup gathering?

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Tue Feb 16 12:36:13 EST 2016

I'm not 100% certain but I think bacula can do a pull with encrypted
storage.
My understanding is the manager says "back it up now" and the fd (file
daemon) proceeds to check what needs to be updated by comparing
modified dates with the last backup time.
Now the FD uses it's key to encrypt the file to be backed up and sends
the encrypted stream  to the SD plus the metadata to Dir for parking on
media and database.
There's also the way to simply encrypt all files at the storage end but
that way the receiving SD can "see" the file content.