[ale] kde question

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 09:21:14 EST 2016

As I said, this gets weird.
as root, running yum install gets me this:

Package 7:kdepim-4.10.5-4.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Nothing to do

If I run find <find / -type f -name kdepim -print> *
I get this message, which makes no sense:

find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permission denied

Which I am guessing means it couldn't look in that (empty) directory for
some unknowable reason so it quit.

so I ran yum remove, which worked, and then ran yum install, which
worked.  Still can't find the damn executable.

then read through the man file and tried this:
find / -type f -name kdepim -path ./run/user/1000 -prune -o -print *

 but I obviously do NOT have the syntax right because the output listed
every file on the box -- I think because I couldn't scroll back up to
the beginning of the list -- buffer isn't that big!

* NOTE:  the syntax for the FIND command is amazingly complex.  And the
INFO file appears to be only a copy of the MAN file. No help there. And,
of course, in keeping with Linux docs, there are no examples of how to
do things.

Sean