[ale] Bacula backup gathering?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Feb 12 17:04:31 EST 2016

On 02/12/16 16:12, Preston wrote:
> Similarly, I have a script that mounts the Windows Shadow Copy to a
> drive letter so I can copy the info over.

Anything stored on Windows storage is suspect.  It is for working
storage only. Anything important gets placed onto Linux-managed storage.
 Nightly an rsync/synctoy/robocopy happens on each Windows client to
push important files to a Linux storage area (CIFS).  Then, that Linux
storage area is rdiff-backup'ed with all the old Linux storage, in the
same way.

Not perfect, but it does work and lets different tools to used to get
the data onto CIFS storage. Windows isn't my problem - that is the best
part.