[ale] kde question

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:37:44 EST 2016

Things are getting weird here.
used chmod to make the file epel-repo writable by all so I didn't have
to stumble my way through vi while in a root shell(chmod 666 filename)
and edited to file to make sure that every instance of enabled= was set
to =1. (NOTE:I am NOT trying to start another flame war over vi.  I just
do not know it and would prefer to not waste my time at age 72 trying to
learn its basics. Other graphical editors suffice for the minimal
editing I need to do on config files.  When I took my first compsci
course, vi did not exist.)

Tried to save the file and got this:
"The document could not be saved, as it was not possible to write
to /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo.
Check that you have write access to this file or that enough disk space
is available."

My first thought was WTF.

More confused than ever,

Sean