[ale] Monitoring Total Household Electricity Consumption

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 10 10:37:01 EST 2016

Greg Clifton <gccfof5 at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Dereck,
>
> The 5000 looks good and pretty much exactly what I need. So did you ever take
> the plunge to the ToD metering?

No, I didn't.  We tried to "live the life" of what ToD metering would
require to reduce our bill, but with two small kids it's hard not to
turn on the oven between 2-7pm.  Turns out it was effectively a wash
(the bills would generally be approximately the same), and it wasn't
worth the angst in order to potentially save only a few dollars.

> -Greg

-derek