[ale] Monitoring Total Household Electricity Consumption

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:21:11 EST 2016

GA Power has several rate plans available these days. The newest they are
promoting is the so called "Smart Usage" rate plan. The off peak rates are
even cheaper than the plug in electric vehicle plan, but the gotcha is that
they charge $6.53/kWh for the peak 30 minutes of consumption  each month,
both peak (June-Sept) and off peak.

The GA Power web site allows me to monitor daily usage, but does not
provide the 30 minute granularity necessary to calculate if this rate would
save or cost me $. Which prompted this email to see if anybody on the list
has a suggestion of an affordable device or Rpi project that could log my
power consumption on a minute by minute basis.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Clifton