[ale] Evolution strangeness

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:53:59 EST 2016

I am using Evolution to sort and read email as Kmail seems to have
disappeared.  This morning it began behaving strangely. When I select a
message to delete, it does not delete, but only draws a line through the
listing.  If I try to MOVE the email to another folder, I am informed
that said folder does not exist, even though it does.

I now have a message that appears on the index, but when I try to move
it or delete it I am informed of my error this way:

"Cannot get message 1454942211.7934_353.localhost.localdomain from
folder /home/kilpatms/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.Ale: No such
file or directory"

Clues would be appreciated.

Sean