[ale] Lost sar data?

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Fri Dec 30 01:35:37 EST 2016

On my RHEL6 servers there is a cron job that calls sa and writes to the sar
log files (/var/log/sa) every ten minutes:

# run system activity accounting tool every 10 minutes
*/10 * * * * root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1

# generate a daily summary of process accounting at 23:53
53 23 * * * root /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A

(This is the default as installed by the sysstat pacakage)

Kind regards,
/Raj