[ale] Low resource, easy to admin LDAP server

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 09:29:56 EST 2016

389 has a web gui for admin. As long as you don't start apache, or disable
the admin tool in the startup, it's just disk space.

Openldap is quite small and has no gui tools to yank in. You'll want some
ldap tools with it but they are all tiny.

I keep forgetting that half of ALE doesn't have hard drives larger than 10G
:-)

The dependancy list from JD on debian was far, far larger than on an rpm
system. It looked like dev stuff was also required (glassfish? Really?).
There was also a listing for systemd which would pull in a large dep list.
As most of my stuff is already on systemd, those requirements are already
met.