[ale] useful!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 14:59:05 EST 2016

I use rpm/yum/dnf almost daily. I found a new, really useful command to
yum. Let's say you want to run the semanage command (to manipulate the
selinux existing settings) and you get the dreaded "command not found".

Ah HA! Run the magic command"

'yum provides semanage'

and it gives the package I need to install.

Sadly, dnf, the yum replacement for Fedora does not always work (no
semanage found but firefox was which is a package name instead of a
file in a package like semanage).
--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.