[ale] KVM switch

Harold Bieber harold.bieber at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:50:52 EST 2016

jim, We use Avocent. Works well, although we aren't using the KVM over IP.
Only issue we have had was a lost/forgotten password after the person that
set it up left the organization. Having to connect to the unit with serial
port and none of the "tricks" support offered worked, had to do a factory
reset of the device. This wasn't that bad as we only had 8 systems
connected, all I had to do was go back in and rename the connections.
Overall been pretty happy with the units.

Harold