[ale] 2016 InstallFest

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Mon Aug 22 21:57:39 EDT 2016

I would be interested in participating/helping with an embedded Linux
install fest. I was at the first ALE NW install fest at SPSU (RIP) and
have experience hosting an install fest at my previous employer.

I would be able to assist with RPi and BBB installs as well as OpenWRT
installs for routers if anyone shows up and wants help with that. I've
got a half dozen or so WRT54Gs in a box I could bring as well for people
to practice with or demo.

And if anyone's looking to really wants to get their hands dirty I've
also got a Meru Networks AP332e dual radio access point that I picked
up at SELF from some members of W0UNC (the amateur radio club at
UNC Charlotte). They were giving them away in hopes of getting help
documenting a way to flash custom, linux, firmware on the device for
use in a high speed multimedia network, taking advantage of the
additional operating power granted to HAM operators on the 2.4Ghz
spectrum.

Looking forward to it,
Ted