[ale] 2016 InstallFest

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:45:38 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:27 AM, DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:

> I like it! Add me to your organizer list.
>
> I can help with R-pi v2 OSMC installs (Kodi for r-pi), assuming the
> location and time work.

Great

> I would be very interested in a MythTV installfest. My 3 attempts
> failed, but at the time didn't have a fully supported tuner.

My attempts didn't fail, but were unstable machines. In looking back I
believe the problem was with IRQ management. Dual tuners were assigned to
differing IRQs about every 4th reboot. This screwed up the recording of
shows. So ultimately the MythTV installs did fail the most important test
-- the WAT (wife approval test).

> Been using
> a proprietary recording solution which has free schedule data since
> 2009-ish, but would love to switch. Have 4 network-based tuners now, so
> running both systems concurrently should be possible most of the time.
>
> Any other volunteers willing to help?
>
> BTW, I've been to a few AAUG meetings and the VoIP conference. ;)

I never got an asterisk box up and running. Truly never needed one.