[ale] gddrescue

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Aug 9 23:43:48 EDT 2016

Ok, having to rescue a disk because it failed before I had an
opportunity to back it up.  So I'm going to try the gddrescue route
because it looks like it hit the limit of reallocatable sectors and now
just spews logical block errors and sense errors.

My reading of gddrescue is almost a set-and-wait approach.  It behaves
automagically tearing through the faulty drive scraping up whatever it
can.  Is that a reasonable assessment?

I am generating an image file using it so I presume I could just mount
the image file as if it were a disk in order to get to the data.