[ale] Firefox crashes

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:35:46 EDT 2016

Over the past two months firefox has become rather unstable for me. It will
freeze when scrolling down a page and then abruptly close. A restore of the
same pages results in a near immediate crash.

I've removed all the add ons except for my vpn with no improvement. I've
removed and reinstalled, updated to latest version. Still crashes multiple
time a day.

I also run firefox on my phone and it's been locking up there as well. The
crashes have required a forced phone reboot.

Icecat seems to be unaffected even though it's basically the same code.
Seamonkey is also similar core and is unaffected. Seamonkey doesn't display
certain work stuff in a usable manner so I can't use it. Icecat has issues
with some other work stuff. Chromium works ok and has been pulled into
service.

Anyone else having firefox stability issues?