[ale] Apt vs apt-get: was LTS doesn't always mean LTS

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Apr 26 16:50:10 EDT 2016

I stopped using aptitude in favor of apt-get when aptitude got into
dependency hell and the options it offered were outrageous.  In those
cases apt-get didn't find any problems and went ahead and did what I
asked it to.  One time I think aptitude wanted to remove libc and
everything that depended on it due to a discrepancy in some minor level
dispute.

Jim.