[ale] Optomi

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:07:38 EDT 2016

What he said.

The recruiting process is a cesspool. If you can get a job that way, great!
Do cool stuff and keep the resume current. Most recruiter positions are
temporary and you can become unemployed any day.

Sadly, for many people starting out, the recruiter-pushed temp job is the
mandatory slave labor required to get bullet points on the resume.

And the "health care insurance" they provide is a pathetic, cruel joke. No
paid days off adds to the misery. And once the temp worker figures out the
cost of the position they have is the same as if they were full time at the
firm, with full benefit package they don't get, and the temp agency gets
the huge difference between their paycheck and the full time position pay.
The company uses "temps" instead of real employees to take advantage of
accounting tricks and passes the astronomical cost of unemployment
insurance off to the temp agency. When the position ends, that unemployment
check is a loan that's expected to be repaid or taxed.

But it all sure beats working at the mall.