[ale] ALE Central Meeting April 21, 2016

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:07:22 EDT 2016

I don't have my Flying Car, but I got my 3D printer Printing objects
with Linux

An all-talking, all-singing, all-dancing review of the current state of
the 3D printing world, featuring an actual working model of a Prusa
Mendel i3 printing out parts while you watch in slack-jawed
wonderment.  I'll talk about equipment, costs, and setting up your
Linux box to talk to your printer. (It's way easier than Mac or
Windows). We can also cover a bit about open-source 3D design software
available for Linux.

<end of what Charles sent me>

Charles Shapiro is a multi-talented character. There's no other way to
put it. He plays music on the recorder, juggles fire, rides a unicycle
and can code at 80+ WPM in a variety of languages. I think he may do
all of those at once on really good days. Did I mention he a fanatical
Green Egg owner as well? The addition of a Linux powered 3-D printer
was inevitable. Charles is also one of the few people I known longer
than my wife that I still want to hang out with. Oh yeah. He also a
another beer maker and cider maker, and....
--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain