[ale] Favorite Android small form factor tablet & prices

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Wed Sep 30 15:43:55 EDT 2015

On 9/26/2015 11:16 AM, Pete Hardie wrote:
> Azpen el-cheapo 7-inch ($40 at Microcenter). Not rooted

I've been using these for awhile.  The current one (an A727) has given
me pause though, as Azpen appears to have backdoored it so they can
periodically install apps in the background.  Whatever does it survives
a factory reset, so I'm fairly sure it's built-in.  Currently, I just
watch the downloaded apps list and uninstall those few apps (it's always
the same apps) when they pop up.  Next cheap android pad probably won't
be an Azpen, though.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net | For the wise man, doing right trumps