[ale] Bonding and balance-alb mode

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:44:33 EDT 2015

I have a system with two NICs bonded together and the bonding mode is set
to balance-alb. From my understanding of the documentation, this mode
should balance incoming traffic as well as outgoing; maybe not 1:1 on the
incoming, but fairly close. That's not what I'm seeing. I see traffic
coming in on one interface and leaving on both.

Has anyone seen this before? Or have any ideas on what could be going on?

```
# cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0
Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.6.0 (September 26, 2009)

Bonding Mode: adaptive load balancing
Primary Slave: None
Currently Active Slave: em2
MII Status: up