[ale] Xfinity Modem -- lease or buy recoomendations

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:51:36 EDT 2015

I felt the same way until yesterday when I got a text that we had
reached 90% of our 300G. In researching our usage I found that up until
July we used less than 60G. Our household has jumped from my wife and I
to 9 people in mid August, so our numbers started to increase rapidly.
After going round robin with sales and support we found that they are
giving you a 3 month grace period where they will not charge more. (The
actual wording was that for every month you go over you get 1 month
overage N/C). After that it's $10 for every 50G extra. They are also
rolling out a trial no cap in Nov. for $39.99 over our current package
which is the extreme (105) staying in the residential service. From what
what I could see that is close to what I'd pay for the bundled business
package. We currently have a 3 pak so I don't know what the equiv would
be in the business side.