[ale] Xfinity Modem -- lease or buy recoomendations

Bruno Bronosky richard at bronosky.com
Mon Sep 28 17:53:22 EDT 2015

When I moved into my new apartment, in one day I...
* Signed up as a new customer online and choose the self install option
(after calling to unsuccessfully avoid the $9 shopping charge on the
welcome packet).
* Ordered a Motorola modem on Amazon NOW
* Received the modem 2 hours later
* Finished up getting connected via Customer Service call 30 minutes later

Pretty impressive for 2.5 hours. I then called back and had them refund the
$9.

Service has been fast and solid since. I want to hate Comcast, but without
trying to get TV service from them, they are pretty easy to deal with.

--
.!# BrunoBronosky #!.