[ale] Xfinity Modem -- lease or buy recoomendations

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Mon Sep 28 16:25:17 EDT 2015

+1 from me too. Been running faithfully for a couple of years after a
recommendation from this list. I've already saved well more than the
purchase price.

ed

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Michael Still <stillwaxin at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for MOTO/Arris SB61XX series. I have the 6183 and it's solid.
>

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:35 PM, DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/28/2015 01:08 PM, H P Ladds wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Clear, my Internet service provider, is shutting down. So I'm switching
>> > Xfinity -- because I have no practical alternatives in my neighborhood.
>> >
>> > I'm inclined to buy my own modem, but wonder how this has worked for
>> other
>> > folks and what model would be recommended?
>> >

>> Definitely buy a Motorola - there are 2 models. The slower one sb6121
>> has better current compatibility now, but the faster model sb6141 will
>> be THE STANDARD at some point. So Comcast won't screw up fireware
>> updates like they have previously.
>>
>> I'm planning a move from business to residential to save $600/yr and get
>> 3x the bandwidth.
>>
>> I doubt Comcast will provision DOCSISv2 modems anymore. They hog
>> channels, unlike v3 which can dynamically move channels which helps
>> manage bandwidth on the network better.

> [stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
> cat: .signature: No such file or directory
> [stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$

Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250 | Johns Creek, GA 30097
O (770) 446-9606 | M (770) 630-0949

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not