[ale] Xfinity Modem -- lease or buy recoomendations

David Ritchie deritchie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:22:41 EDT 2015

Buy and save your self $10/month. I went with Ooma for phone instead of
Comcast - Groupon has a deal on refurbished boxes currently with a discount
code that should work. Modem must be DOCSIS 3.0. Ping me for referral code
and we both get cash back for your install. I think the Motorola devices
work well and there are a number of deals for them most times. I have the
sb6121 and hook it to the Asus n900 router (rt-66u?) and it has worked
well. If you get a router I would recommend you get one with a gigabit
connection... I am getting 90Mbit/sec when testing on speed test.net.

-- David