[ale] RAID card for home use?

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Mon Sep 28 08:06:34 EDT 2015

Be certain to get raid capable sata drives! Home user and "green" drives throttle back and appear as a dropped drive.

That AOC will ONLY work in a supermicro system. The slot is PCIe but the components are on the wrong side. Allows for good cooling in a 1U system with 2 cards stacked, 1 normal on top and 1 AOC. The AOC slot is always in the same plane as the motherboard and faces up.