[ale] Favorite Android small form factor tablet & prices

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:52:21 EDT 2015

On Sep 27, 2015 1:53 PM, "Chris Fowler" <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:

> ________________________________

one.  What I learned was that the amount of RAM is crucial.  512mb of
memory was useless.  It was a dog.  As apps became more advanced it just go
slower.   Fry's sent out a promo code email this morning and there are a
few on sale.  One has 512 mb of ram.  Why?  How many of those actually end
up being dumped due to lack of resources.

> One of my favs is the Hisense Sero 7 Pro.  I bought my daughter one in
2012 at Wal-Mart.  She destroyed the USB micro and they replaced it.  She
destroyed it again and I simply soldered two wires inside and ran them
outside via a hole I drilled in the back.  I then put Anderson Power Poles
on the wire and made her a USB A to PP cable.  She is still using it and it
still runs great.

> I use a Nexus 7 next gen with LTE on Verizon.  Works well too.
>
> Today, any 7" tablet at $99 should be a great tablet and work well.

Last year Microcenter had Asus 7" ME173x for $79, 4 gigs of internal
storage, not bad, I use it a remote for my Kodi Pi Media Player mainly
using Yatse, so that when mu kids are over I can watch my shows and Frozen
for the 500th time. I also use as a e-reader too.

Microcenter sold another ASUS tablet for that price that has an Intel chip,
sorry it's powered off so I don't know the model number. I bought for the
kids, but they say it's slow.

One thing both of these tablets do is use the storage as ram. So you never
want to fill up the storage.

The biggest thing I hate about Android phones and tablets is that you can't
upgrade them, yes if root them. I really wish could just update.

Oh, i did buy a really cheap tablet from TigerDirect, becareful. A lot of
these cheap tablet use their own store, which have very outdate and crappy
software.