[ale] Autofs mounting issue...

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Fri Sep 25 16:51:18 EDT 2015

Hey Guys,

I have a weird autofs mounting issue. I'm not overly familiar with autofs
(automount) but this is the issue I have.

- I have this in my fstab for the main export:

10.1.1.100:/server_app/sap     /usr/sap      nfs
rw,bg,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,hard,nfsvers=3,nointr,nosharecache,timeo=600,t
cp     0 0

-  And then I have an autofs mount called in a chain from auto.master and
then auto.home.

Line from auto.master (ghost option makes the directory visible even if it's
not really mounted):
/usr/sap                               /etc/auto.trans  --ghost

- Line from auto.trans:
trans      	-rw,bg,nfsvers=3,soft,async,tcp  10.1.1.100:/trans/OP1
BO_DATA            -rw,bg,nfsvers=3,soft,async,tcp
10.1.1.100:/Bobj_Share/TRN

With this config, as soon as I go into /usr/sap/trans or /usr/sap/BO_DATA it
mounts over, /usr/sap  (from fstab) and I loose visibility of the /usr/sap
directory. Argh!

What am I doing wrong with the auto.trans config?!?!  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Raj Wurttemberg
rajaw at c64.us