[ale] [OT] Strange Request: Demonstrate a Calculator is Working Correctly

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 09:48:34 EDT 2015

Good question!

I don't have a specific test sequence to offer. I do recall that division
is the divergent operation based on binary math, endianess and integer
size. I think a search for "errors in decimal division converted to binary"
may help find numerical tests.

That said, the more modern calculators may have error correction for those
corner cases now.

All of my calculator failures have been display death or battery leaks.