[ale] A Hal Fulton Blog article on CompSci degrees

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Sep 17 15:24:07 EDT 2015

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:59:41 -0400
leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am discontent and "want to" learn deeper languages like C, Go, and
> Assembler. Yet my "want to" seems more a love for the idea of the
> thing than the thing itself. I have hundreds of dollars in study
> materials for them but get more done and have more fun with Ruby. I
> whine about Ruby's resource consumption and then use it anyway.

As well you should. Given a job to be done, most of the time Ruby lets
you get that job done much faster than C. Unless you're making a
website to continuously service hundreds of users, or you're trying to
program something for your 1994 1GB RAM laptop, why worry about RAM?

And if you ever get really good at Rails, you'll have lots of high
paying work.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust