[ale] A Hal Fulton Blog article on CompSci degrees

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Sep 17 15:20:16 EDT 2015

Don't worry about assembler until you have to. If you write C and or C++ efficiently, you'll nearly never need to drop down to assembly language.

It is easier to be efficient in C than it is in c++, but it is possible in both.

Go is nice, conceptually speaking, and a lot of people do great things with it. It is the Ruby of the compiled world. I personally prefer working in c or c++.

Even though Go programs are much larger than an equivalent that I would write in C, they're rarely as big as ruby programs in core. 😀

Sent from my iPad