[ale] A Hal Fulton Blog article on CompSci degrees

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Thu Sep 17 13:48:03 EDT 2015

Well the ideal answer is go to both, KSU first to learn how to learn and
then the tech schools (Iron Yard, Digital Crafts, General Assembly) to
learn the technology of today, IF your budget can stand it.

I was thinking just today of the difference between a state transition
machine vs. dependency graph and how it relates to SysVInit vs. systemd.
 If you don't have at least a four-year degree, you have no idea what
I'm talking about.

BTW I've been to Digital Crafts for an orientation event and been to
General Assembly many times for meetups, so I'm very familiar with
what's going on there.

-Scott