[ale] Gigabyte BT-1900

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Sep 17 11:39:11 EDT 2015

My Fry's daily promotion showed a Gigabyte BT-1900 for $99. Maybe this is a good deal. What do you think?

I need a drive, but it does not have to be that large. I could use a fast 64GB USB 3.0 tiny external stick. It would be faster than a SATA drive with platters. A SSD could be faster, but more $$. Has no RAM, but I could pick up an 8GB stick when I pick up the machine. How will it run Linux?

My desktop has an AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2400. How will the J1900 compare?

Chris