[ale] new tablet

damon at damtek.com damon at damtek.com
Mon Sep 14 15:19:07 EDT 2015

--
Sent from myMail app for Android
Monday, 14 September 2015, 03:12PM -04:00 from Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com>:
On 09/14/2015 02:54 PM,  damon at damtek.com wrote:

> Try a nexus device. I have a nexus 7 original and a 7 2nd gen. Both
> are running the latest version of the OS and get updates when ever
> Google updates Android. Drawback, Nexus 9 is reported to have an
> underwhelming screen. Advantage: neus 7 is the best rated 7" tablet on
> the market and runs straight Android by default. No having to wonder
> is the MFG will get you updated.

without a magnifying glass, I don't think a 7" tablet would be big
enough for me.. very old tired eyes...
Yeah. After a few years with a nexus 7, it is time to jump to a new from factor. Thinking 10.  Would have to be the Samsung Galaxy s.
Though for those lazy reading poses, I suspect I will always reach for a 7" or perhaps a phablet, like a nexus 6. 10" just gets hard to read one handed lying on your back or side.

> Which reminds me: it's not Android you have a beef with. It's the MFGs
> who don't upgrade once they modify the stock Android.

that wasn't me.. but I do want a device that has android 5.0 at least,
and is updated....
--
Paul Cartwright
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at