[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Sat Sep 12 07:42:48 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 11:11:13PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> If no architectural reason existed to shun systemd, the preceding
> attitude would be more than enough.

The problem with this statement, is that in general, those
"architechural reasons" apply even more strongly to the
duct-tape-and-bailing-wire stuff that systemd replaces.

> When a salesman implies that I have no choice, I walk away. It's the
> only prudent way to handle the situation, to prevent the salesman's
> words from becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I also find this attitude particularly hilarious, because, in general,
the "alternatives" (eg BSDs) are even worse by the same criteria that
makes systemd supposedly so awful.

 - Solomon [let popcorm commence!]
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^