[ale] on topic: Centos 6 out of /root space, boots but no login.

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Sep 10 14:05:00 EDT 2015

On 09/10/2015 12:47 PM, neal at mnopltd.com wrote:
> Well, darn.  Our trusty Centos 6 server ran out of space in /.
>
> It's natural and logical reaction was to not notify anybody, and honk.

The system was screaming in the only way it new how - syslog.
Any you've discovered the reason for monitoring and alarming tools.

Logwatch, munin, and 5 other tools will watch this stuff and let you
know about issues in the way you like.

If you don't want a full / to stop everything, create a different
partition for /var and don't let that get full.