[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Sep 10 11:12:08 EDT 2015

With RHEL7 you still have /var/log/messages (along with Journald) but they may turn it off later.

I believe you CAN setup syslog manually on Fedora if you still want it but Journald can also be set to allow for saving logs (by default it gets cleared on boot) and you can likely tell logwatch to use journalctl to scan for what you want.

If you're using Fedora vs RHEL/CentOS you're doing bleeding edge anyway so complaining that it changes things on you seems a bit disingenuous.

Sith-temd Lord says come to the dark side...