[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Sep 8 15:18:33 EDT 2015

Agreed. I've been testing it heavily for embedded use. Barebones system using systemd appears to use three to five MB less RAM than when using busybox's sysvinit style things. Have not compared to sysvinit.

The systemd setup I am using uses networkd instead of network manager, whereas the busybox's setup uses busybox for shell, and Debian scripts for network management with the dhcpcd and ip utils.

Check it out for yourself using the buildroot tool. While my tests were done on rpi2, similar results should be easily discoverable on x86 families.

The only reason it's not in my standard base image right now is a lack of time. Newest offspring arrived on the 21st and I have had little to no time since! Hoping to change that back to working status again soon.

Sent from my iPhone