[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Sep 8 15:00:54 EDT 2015

Systemd is not just on RedHat style distributions – in fact RHEL itself is rather late in doing it.     (You can still do RHEL6 if it bothers you that much – it’s only on RHEL7 you see it.)

You can rail against systemd but you’re unlikely to avoid using it over time because most of the popular and commercial distros have adopted it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd#Adoption_and_reception

Personally I don’t find systemd as horrible as some would seem to suggest.

One of the first things I learned in Management class in college is “People are resistant to change”.    Most of the complaints I’ve seen about systemd boil down to “Why change, init worked for years?”.   Despite the fact there are many reasons given for the “Why change” many who complain simply disregard them.