[ale] Alternative builds of Firefox besides Iceweasel?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Fri Sep 4 13:33:24 EDT 2015

Agreed but I’d at least like to know something IS an issue.

There’s been more than one thing that Firefox has blocked which other browsers haven’t even made a peep about.   I recently went to a Missouri state government site that Firefox blocked because of bad cypher but IE just let me attach to without comment.   Chrome allowed it but did tell me about the bad cypher.

My main reason for posting was to show a work around for the issue I’d seen on internal stuff when going via Firefox.

If enough people would contact sites (as I did the Missouri one) Firefox wouldn’t be an issue any longer because sites might actually fix reported issues.  The things Firefox is checking for allow known attack vectors.   (Even for the internal stuff the appropriate action OUGHT to be fixing it but of course none of us has the cycles for that kind of effort.)

For now Firefox will remain my default browser.