[ale] Buy your wifi routers now...

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Sep 2 20:22:25 EDT 2015

Thanks for the leads.

I assume these systems are to be used as the edge router without wireless. I have spent MANY hours putzing with hostapd and it jsut drives me nuts. The biggest issue are the features in the wireless chipset. I can not imagine at this point replacing my DD-WRT AP in my attic with something I create that has a USB wifi dongle. DD-WRT is Linux so I would expect some USB wifi to work well.

I think the one I like the most now is the RT5370. It seems the most stable.