[ale] Buy your wifi routers now...

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 16:36:57 EDT 2015

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Next-Unit-Computing-NUC5i3RYK/dp/B00S1ISFOQ

Costs just about as much as a decent 802.11ac consumer router. As far as I
can tell, the wireless chipset support "AP Mode" in Linux. I'd probably get
a USB ethernet adapter to connect it to my external network, though. I'd
use the on-board ethernet for my internal network.

Yeah, I'm thinking this might just be done by the end of the year in my
house. I'm liking this plan a lot. Plus, I'd actually be able to save my
bandwidth logs instead of losing them every time my router reboots.