[ale] help with git local repo

Michael Martin mcm30114 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:01:32 EDT 2015

Chuck,

Something didn’t feel right on my last response, so I googled around and found these two articles that may help —

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/792611/receive-pack-service-not-enabled-for-git <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/792611/receive-pack-service-not-enabled-for-git>

The core here is to enable “receive-pack” .. good instructions in this one to point out how to do so.

http://serverfault.com/questions/487408/git-clone-works-fine-but-git-push-doesnt <http://serverfault.com/questions/487408/git-clone-works-fine-but-git-push-doesnt>

The second one talks about the “why” pretty well.  Still looks like it may somehow be related to authentication issues (again, use SSH keys).  Do note, that per this one, be careful about security and authentication issues ..

Would love to hear what the solution would be ..

Mike